For me, it was all about the following:
1. First of all. David Webb. Everything. Everything. Blew my mind.
Not sure whether he was channelling Africa's tribal colours, or a dancehall rave.
Either way, spot on. So stunningly, spot on.
2. What are beautiful jewels without beautiful skin?
Made in Bahrain: Green Bar
3. The Indian inspired selections.
4. The prettiest patriotic odes.
5. Jewellery Arabia's Premier Awards.
Dervish, a'la dinner, a'la the best jewels in the region.
6. Lessons in stone.
7. Charles Oudin. All his watches. 10 out of 10.
Blue Saphire. Yellow Gold. Mother of Pearl.
Never thought such a combination could ever work. Wrong.
All in all, superb. 2012. We await thee.